Wednesday, May 27, 2015

T-Splines in Rhino: preparing NURBS surfaces in Rhino for T-Splines

When preparing T-Splines optimal surfaces in Rhino, I use Rebuild command to have enough control points on the surfaces. In this tutorial (https://youtu.be/JZ_bA_4XTpg), it teaches me how to prepare Rhino's NURBS surfaces to be used in T-Splines.

Plan surfaces in Rhino are all degree 3. It means the minimum point count in the U or V direction is 4. When the surface with 4 points in U or V direction is converted in T-Splines, I will get one single face. But if I increase the point count to 5 in U or V direction, I will get 2 in both directions or 4 faces total.

So it is easier for me to think in terms of how many faces are in my model when I convert them into T-Splines. If I want X faces in U or V direction in my T-Splines model, then I rebuild my NURBS surface to X plus 3 control points in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment